Learning environments have evolved to be more than just face-to-face instruction and paper assignments. Our students need the flexibility to learn asynchronously amongst their peers. UT Southern is proud to offer a myriad of asynchronous and synchronous online courses, as well as some hybrid.
An online course rubric has been created to help you self-evaluate your online courses before, during, and after their creation. The button below will open up a fillable online course evaluation PDF.
What can you do to provide continuous quality online instruction?
- Take the backward approach
- Put yourself in your students’ shoes
- Think about what technologies you will be using
- Visualize your strategy – write it down, talk about it with a colleague… or talk to yourself, we won’t judge.
- Ask for help
- Self-evaluate using the fillable online course rubric
- Send your evaluation to Distance Learning Coordinator, Haley Kinder (firstname.lastname@example.org), for a final review.
*Note: You can also reach out to Haley Kinder for consulting during any phase of your course creation process.